Recipe by Mrs.Habu
These waffles are delicious and you could use either fresh corn or canned. It comes from Cafe 222 in San Diego.
Top Review by drinkmore
These were good and different. My husband ate them with a bit of syrup and I ate them plain. Loved the cornmeal in these waffles. I too had a lot and froze them for later. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small skillet and saute corn for 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted margarine.
- Gently stir until combined but not smooth.
- Fold in the bacon, corn and cheddar.
- Cook in waffle maker.