Recipe by Gina Rae Vinson
Pliable chewy Bacon Cookies with a touch of maple. You must keep your eyes on these during the last couple of minutes. They get brown significantly faster during the end of baking. Slice Bacon into small pieces before frying then you won't have to crumble it. Press the Bacon between layers of paper towels when cool enough. You will have a buttery cookie with Bacon and not a Bacon grease cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bacon, cooked until crispy, crumbled and well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in eggs and maple syrup and beat for 1 more minute.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and add in batches to mixing bowl. Beat just long enough to incorporate.
- Stir in the bacon pieces by hand.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes, until golden brown.