1/1 Photo of Bacon Cocktail Weenies
This is my most requested recipe for parties. Everyone is always stunned at how simple the ingredients are. If you are serving a large number of people, you may want to double the recipe, I have seen folks stumble over each other to reach the last weenie on the platter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 9x13 inch cake pan with non stick spray.
- 3(not neccessary but will definately help with clean up) Open package of bacon and cut entire slab into thirds.
- 4Wrap a third of a slice of bacon around each cocktail weenie and secure with toothpicks.
- 5Place each bacon wrapped weenie in cake pan, making sure to crowd them together.
- 6(You'll want to leave an empty space in one corner of pan for ease of basting.) Liberally cover weenies with brown sugar, leaving only the toothpicks exposed.
- 7Place weenies in hot oven.
- 8Every 10 minutes or so, baste weenies with sugar/bacon grease mixture and break up any lumps of sugar.
- 9Continue until sugar is completely melted and bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- 10When serving, be sure to drizzle sugar/bacon grease over weenies and on the platter.
- 11Some people like to swirl their weenies in the syrup before cramming them in their mouths.
- 12I've never really timed this recipe, but I'm going to guesstimate the time at@30-40 minutes.
- 13Servings also depend on the crowd you are feeding.
- 14My crew will argue that 15-20 weenies qualify as a serving!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cocktail Weenies
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.5
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 650.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 73.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cocktail smoked sausage links