Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooked cubed ham can be used in place of bacon if desired. Cooking time does not include boiling the pasta. This complete recipe may be doubled.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is good)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (do not use milk)
- 2 -3 teaspoons horseradish (can use more)
- seasoning salt, black pepper (or use white salt, to taste)
- Cook the macaroni until firm-tender; drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the oil and vinegar.
- Add in the bacon, cheese, celery, green onion, olives and the cooked macaroni; toss well to combine.
- In another bowl, combine mayo, cream, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Blend in with the macaroni mixture; toss well to combine thoroughly.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours before using.
- Note: if desired 1-2 hard-boiled eggs may be chopped and added.
My entire family LOVED this recipe. My mother-in-law even said it's better than her own. Everyone wants the recipe.
Congrats! Your recipe is featured on our homepage today as the "Recipe of the Day!" (08/01/11)
Very good. I used lots of horseradish, just because my family loves the extra kick. It was really good and really easy. Thanks for sharing!