Prep 8 mins
Cook 22 mins
A surprisingly irresistible treat with a sizzle factor.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup bacon, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; line two cupcake pans with 18 paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs and maple extract.
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with milk.
- Fold in bacon.
- Divide and pour batter into liners and bake for 21-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool and then frost with Bacon Chocolate Cupcake Frosting, or frosting of choice.
- Garnish with additional chopped bacon, if desired.