Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
I forgot where I found this, but it sounded really interesting and I just had to save the recipe.
Top Review by stephanie
There seems to be absolutely no purpose of the bacon in this recipe. You can't even taste it, besides it giving the cookie a slightly salty, crunchy taste. Will not make again.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract (or almond)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups cooked bacon, crumbled into bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Beat together the butter, sugars, flavoring and eggs until creamy. In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir together. Dough will be slightly soft. If you want a cakier cookie, add another half cup of flour. Add in chocolate chips and bacon bits. Stir until well integrated. Place dough on a sheet of waxed paper and refrigerate at least an hour. Remove dough from fridge, pinch off 1 1/2 inch pieces of dough and roll into balls. Set dough balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten dough balls slightly with your fingers in the center.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the dough starts to turn golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack.