1/1 Photo of Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Pixie's Kitchen's Note:
Taken from the blog spot neverbashfulwithbutter. My brother found these and wanted me to make them for him, sounds interesting and the flavors may really work together, I wanted to put them on here to obtain nutritional info and to share the yummy weirdness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter (It has been suggested that using 1 full cup of butter works best due to cookie dough dryness)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (It has been suggested that using 2 eggs works best due to cookie dough dryness)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups bacon bits (if preferred, you can separate the dough into two parts and only make half of the dough into bacon c)
Maple cinnamon glaze
- 1An important note- Be sure to use real bacon bits, not Bacos *See large print at the bottom of this post*.
- 2Also, you can make your own bacon bits, just make sure you pat down the bacon chunks with paper towels to remove as much extra bacon grease as possible.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 4Beat together the butter, sugars, flavouring and eggs until creamy.
- 5In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- 6Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir together.
- 7Dough will be slightly soft. If you want a cakier cookie, add another half cup of flour.
- 8Add in chocolate chips and bacon bits. Stir until well integrated.
- 9Place dough on a sheet of waxed paper and refrigerate at least an hour.
- 10Remove dough from fridge, pinch off 1 1/2 inch pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- 11Set dough balls about 2 inches apart on.
- 12an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten dough balls slightly with your fingers in the center.
- 13Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the dough starts to turn golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack while you make the glaze.
- 14Maple cinnamon glaze Reipe.
- 152 cups powdered sugar.
- 161 tablespoon maple extract.
- 171 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 181 teaspoon cinnamon (It has been suggested that 1 teaspoon may be a bit much, so go ahead and add to taste).
- 19Enough water to make a thick glaze.
- 20Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. If lumpy, use a whisk.
- 21Spread a small amount of the glaze on the top of each cookie and top with a small piece of crisp cooked bacon.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 128.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g