Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
I concocted this dip for some fried cheese that I made for my wife. In this recipe, I used half of a chili, but my wife is a wimp. For myself, I would have used a whole chipotle and left in the seeds. Chipotle chilis are just fire roasted jalepenos, i believe. Roast the jalepenos on your gas range over direct fire, 2 minutes on each side or until soft and blackened. Run cold water over them and peel.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- chipotle chile, seeded,to taste
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well.
- I used a stick blender to avoid chopping the bacon and chipotles.
Yummy! I loved the flavour of the spices together. Good and hot. i served mine with nacho chips. Big hit! Thanx!