Recipe by PugMomma Brenda
Down home comfort food that the whole family will like. Tastes better the 2nd day so make plenty.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhome style beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 unpeeled small red potatoes, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup corn
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4 qt saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes stirring frequently until cooked but not crisp. Drain all but 2 tablespoon bacon fat from saucepan.
- Add beef and onion to bacon; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is beginning to brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, gravy and chili sauce. Heat to boiling.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover cook over medium high heat 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender.
- Stir in corn; cook uncovered 10-15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally until corn is tender.
- 6 servings.