Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very rich and tasty meal, but also easy because it uses ready-made ingredients. It's not a fussy meal for busy night. My favorite Alfredo sauce has also added mushrooms in it for extra flavor that goes great together with bacon. Time for prep and cooking is quesstimated.
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb bacon, sliced and diced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprepared alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon. Set in on paper towels to soak up the grease and drain the skillet reserving 3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in the bacon drippings over medium high heat until juices run clear.
- Drain fettuccine, stir into skillet with the chicken. Add the Alfredo sauce, spinach, Italian seasoning, and bacon.
- Cook and stir occasionally until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Great recipe. The prep cook time however is far off. It took me 2 1/2 hours to make it but it was absolutely worth it. The fire alarms went off do to my failure to turn on the fans. this recipe was a bit of trouble for me but it was worth every minute.
Thanks for posting this Taste of Home magazine recipe from "Quick Cooking" from July/August 2004. It is simply delicious. We used Newman's own jarred Alfredo with Garlic. We made as written except added 7oz more sauce because we are sauce people and there just wasn't enough when we finished and we subbed peas for spinach for the kids preference. It was an amazing dish. The Garlic Alfredo gave it great flavor as did the chicken cooked in the bacon grease. Everyone loved it. We served it with broccoli crowns. It will go in our favorites book.<br/>Enjoy! ChefDLH
This is the best dish.. My 12 yr. old daughter tore it up and took the rest of it to school with her..