Recipe by Wendy13
I got this recipe on a web site -- I don't remember which. My kids all LOVED it. It was very tender and it was very easy to make. (As some peoplle have mentioned and I also do is use 1 or 2 pieces of bacon per chicken breast. The original recipe calls for 1 lb. but I have never used that much.)
Top Review by Terri Newell
This was delicious. I cooked eight chicken breasts, and froze four of them [individually wrapped in tinfoil then sealed in a ziplock bag]after cooking. When I thawed them for supper the next week, they were still moist and flavorful. Thanks for a great make-ahead meal idea. Note - the second time I fixed these, I forgot to put a coating of bbq sauce on before the bacon - they weren't as good, because the bacon didn't "adhere" to the chicken and had an unappetizing "uncooked" look to the underside.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (or my posted homemade recipe)
- 1 lb bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cover chicken with 1/2 of the BBQ sauce.
- Layer the bacon slices (raw) across the chicken breasts.
- Pour the remaining BBQ sauce over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve each breast topped with bacon.