Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe on a web site -- I don't remember which. My kids all LOVED it. It was very tender and it was very easy to make. (As some peoplle have mentioned and I also do is use 1 or 2 pieces of bacon per chicken breast. The original recipe calls for 1 lb. but I have never used that much.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (or my posted homemade recipe)
- 1 lb bacon
- Put chicken in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cover chicken with 1/2 of the BBQ sauce.
- Layer the bacon slices (raw) across the chicken breasts.
- Pour the remaining BBQ sauce over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve each breast topped with bacon.
This was delicious. I cooked eight chicken breasts, and froze four of them [individually wrapped in tinfoil then sealed in a ziplock bag]after cooking. When I thawed them for supper the next week, they were still moist and flavorful. Thanks for a great make-ahead meal idea. Note - the second time I fixed these, I forgot to put a coating of bbq sauce on before the bacon - they weren't as good, because the bacon didn't "adhere" to the chicken and had an unappetizing "uncooked" look to the underside.
We liked this recipe and cook it about once a month. We do make one change. We sprinkle grated cheddar over the top about 10 minutes before it was ready to come out of the oven
This was ok but not something I need to try again. I did the 1 bacon/1 chicken ratio as suggested by ktdid and glad I did. The flavor of the chicken was fine and it was moist but the bacon made it too salty and the bottom of the bacon had that uncooked appearance that is unappealing. I did make extra to freeze and it stores just fine like Terri said.