Recipe by HoosierBjw
Prep time depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts. My first preparation. gained a "very good" rating at home. I'm working on a sauce to add that will turn. this into a good sandwich, also.
Top Review by greenbinlady
Very Tasty! I changed it a little. I used turkey bacon, sliced red onions, chopped instead of minced garlic (we love garlic!), didn't have parsley and used freshly grated romano instead of cheddar. I just browned the chicken and then finished it in the oven with the toppings. Leftovers were awesome! This recipe is now a regular in our house.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in 12" skillet until crisp.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Pour bacon grease out of skillet, but don't wash or wipe it.
- Add butter and olive oil to the same skillet.
- Cook chicken breasts in this mixture over medium heat, turning once, until chicken is done.
- Place chicken in ungreased 12x8" baking dish.
- Cook onion and garlic in drippings remaining in skillet until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the pepper and cooked& crumbled bacon.
- Spoon over chicken breasts and sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (watch closely) until cheese is melted.