1/1 Photo of Bacon Cheeseburgers With French Onion Dip
My husband and I were a bit skeptical when we first saw this recipe, but we tried it and were amazed. The flavors blend together into something so yummy, you'll wonder why you didn't put these ingredients together to begin with! You could also top these with the usual toppings, like ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, onions, etc., but I don't think they really need any of those ingredients myself! These are also great with ground venison, but to make with venison, mix a beaten egg and about 1/4 cup finely minced onion into the meat to add moisture, help bind the burgers together, and to add more of that wonderful onion flavor that makes venison taste so great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 4 hamburger buns (we like to use the onion rolls from our grocery store's bakery)
- 8 slices bacon (we love thick sliced, applewood smoked bacon)
- 4 -8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, cut into thick slices (colby or mild cheddar also work well)
- 8 ounces French onion dip (fat free, or made with fat free sour cream is fine(the burgers have plenty of fat already, you won't)
- 1Shape ground chuck into 4 patties.
- 2Cook burgers ALMOST to your preferred doneness on the BBQ grill, grill pan, under the broiler, in a pan, or on your george foreman grill.
- 3Top with cheese, continue to cook until the cheese is slightly melted.
- 4Assemble burgers, spreading top and bottom half of the buns with the french onion dip, and topping each burger with two slices of the bacon.
- 5You may want to have a little extra french onion dip for dipping your burger, as it tends to slide if you put too much on the bun, and you'll want plenty!
- 6For a super sinful & greasy meal, serve with fries or onion rings. For a little healthier side dish, serve with a big salad with fresh tomatoes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheeseburgers With French Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.1
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 802.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground chuck
French onion dip