Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I found this online a while back. It really sounds great and I saved it and am glad I did. I know it is one my family would love. Maybe yours will too 8)
Top Review by YvonneK
The family gave this another 5 star rating. I put this together last night for dinner. It was really simple and turned out great. I used mushrooms because I didn't have green peppers on hand. We will definitely be making this again.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchunky pizza sauce
- 3 Italian plum tomatoes
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (6 slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large saucepan, brown the beef, onion and bell pepper, then drain.
- Stir in the 6 slices of crumbled, cooked bacon and pizza sauce.
- Spoon into a non-greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with tomatoes; top with the cheese slices.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Add the milk and oil; mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour and salt; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour evenly over the cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with the 2 slices of crumbled bacon.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until topping is slightly puffed and deep golden brown.