1/7 Photos of Bacon Cheeseburger (Stove-Top) Casserole
Who doesn't like bacon cheeseburgers? This is sooooo good and family friendly. PLUS, it's a whole meal in one pot! All 4 of my kids love it, as do me and my husband. It is kind of like "glorified hamburger helper" but you can tell it is from scratch! It's also quick and easy :) This recipe will serve 8, so you may want to half it for a smaller family...however, you probably will wish you hadn't because you will want leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked pasta (rotini, rotelle, penne, small "or" medium shells, elbow) or 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 small onions, chopped fine or 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 8 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (I don't suggest using a milder cheese) or 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (I don't suggest using a milder cheese)
- 1Cook pasta in salted water, drain, rinse and set aside.
- 2Cook bacon in microwave or frying pan until crisp and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet or deep fryer pan (I use a 12" diam. chicken fryer), brown ground beef and onion over medium heat.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I do this while my bacon is in the microwave and my pasta is cooking).
- 5Drain any grease from beef.
- 6Crumble bacon into beef and onion mixture.
- 7Add tomato soup and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Add pasta and stir until coated and combined well.
- 9Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and cover.
- 10Simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 11Serve right out of the pan.
- 13(You may choose to 1/2 this recipe--we have a big family!).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheeseburger (Stove-Top) Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.7
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.0 mg
- Sodium 1305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 45.0 g