Who doesn't like bacon cheeseburgers? This is sooooo good and family friendly. PLUS, it's a whole meal in one pot! All 4 of my kids love it, as do me and my husband. It is kind of like "glorified hamburger helper" but you can tell it is from scratch! It's also quick and easy :) This recipe will serve 8, so you may want to half it for a smaller family...however, you probably will wish you hadn't because you will want leftovers!
- 1 lb uncooked pasta (rotini, rotelle, penne, small "or" medium shells, elbow) or 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 small onions, chopped fine or 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 8 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (I don't suggest using a milder cheese) or 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (I don't suggest using a milder cheese)
- Cook pasta in salted water, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Cook bacon in microwave or frying pan until crisp and set aside.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer pan (I use a 12" diam. chicken fryer), brown ground beef and onion over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I do this while my bacon is in the microwave and my pasta is cooking).
- Drain any grease from beef.
- Crumble bacon into beef and onion mixture.
- Add tomato soup and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and stir until coated and combined well.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve right out of the pan.
- (You may choose to 1/2 this recipe--we have a big family!).