Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Contest winning recipe by Nichelle Nell from Taste of Home.
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bacon, ketchup, pickles, barbecue sauce and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain spaghetti; stir into meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
This was definitely a different kind of dinner and I will agree that it tastes almost like eating a bacon cheeseburger. All of the flavor was there and my kids raved and raved about it. My 19 month-old ate 2 plates of it and I have a hard time getting him to eat anything sometimes. The only thing that I might change next time is that I might half the amount of ketchup and use plain spaghetti sauce to make up for it. The ketchupy taste was pretty strong for my husband and myself but our kids love their ketchup and that's probably why my youngest at as much as he did. Thank you for posting. This is going into the KEEPER file!