Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adapted this recipe from a Taste of Home Recipe when we started watching our carbs. It is one of our family favorites!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and chopped bacon until both are browned.
- Add chicken broth, basil, parsley, Franks Red Hot Sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat - Cover and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add Velveeta, heavy cream, salt and pepper and sour cream and stir until Velveeta melts.
- Serve in bowls and top with shredded cheese and a teaspoon of sour cream (if desired).