Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A delicious, slow cooker, bacon cheeseburger soup will warm you from the inside out! Packed with beef, veggies, cheese and bacon, it's easy to make and your whole family will love it!
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained of fat
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Place ground beef, tomatoes, potatoes, carrot, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic in your slow cooker and pour chicken stock over the top.
- Season with chili powder, salt and pepper, then stir everything together. Cover slow cooker, turn on HIGH and cook for 3-4 hours, or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir flour into heavy cream until smooth, then pour mixture, along with cheddar cheese, into slow cooker.
- Stir to combine, then cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes, till soup thickens slightly. Ladle into soup bowls, top with cheese and crumbled bacon, if using, and serve hot!