Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
low carb, and satisfying. Serve with 1 tbsp crumbled bacon!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 16 ounces beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- Brown beef in a skillet, and remove meat.
- Wipe out skillet with a paper towel, and add butter and vegetables and salt and pepper.
- Saute until the vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broth and water and bring to a low boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Add beef back to soup and stir in the sour cream. Heat through.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with bacon.
Taste wise, this was really good... However, once the soup cools, the cheese tends to mold together and texture and appearance wise it is NOT good. Not sure I would make this again.