Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another nifty little salad--perfect for treating yourself as this makes just one serving. If you love cheeseburgers as I do, whip this treasure up and serve it on a festive plate or shallow bowl. Then pour yourself a drink and indulge!
- 3 ounces lean ground beef, crumbled, browned, and drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1⁄8 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir mayo into lettuce, onion, and tomato until evenly coated. Toss in beef, bacon, and cheese. Feel free to adjust the amounts--you may desire more cheese or mayo. Add what you love--a squirt of mustard for some zip or a spoonful of chopped pickles.
- This is intended as a low-carb recipe, but if you can't seem to forego the bread (cough, blush) try toasting a sesame seed bun top, then cut it into crouton-sized pieces. You didn't (cough) hear that from me.