Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. A rolled twist on a meatloaf with inspiration from cheeseburgers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large whole egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/8th 's
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄4 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb bacon (extra thick sliced)
- 4 cups finely diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 3 tablespoons chicken base (chicken boullion can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix your ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, onion powder, granulate garlic and celery salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, roll your beef mixture over Reynold's Wrap Aluminum Foil until it is about 1/4 inch thick and about 12 inches wide.
- Sprinkle your cheese over the beef leaving about 2 inches around the edge uncovered.
- Spread the tomatoes, red peppers an HALF of your onions over the cheese.
- Using the Reynold's Wrap Aluminum Foil, GENTLY roll your meat into a loaf (similar to a jelly roll) making sure you seal the sides tightly.
- Lay your bacon over anothr sheet of Reynold's Wrap Aluminum Foil in a single sheet and sprinkle your remaining onions over the top.
- Place your loaf on the ends of the bacon, and using your Reynold's Wrap Aluminum Foil, roll the loaf so it is covered in the bacon.
- Set your loaf in a baking pan and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
- Allow the loaf to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- MASHED POTATOES.
- Mix your water and chicken base in a large pot.
- Add your potatoes to the water, and boil them for about 15 minutes (or until potatoes ar extremely tender).
- Drain the water and add the salt, pepper, chives, milk and butter to the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mash the potatoes until they are smooth.