Recipe by Pinay0618
Tasty little pocket sandwiches, perfect for picnics or lunch boxes. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
These were very good, and also very fun. Dh loved them. My only complaint would be the velveeta.... I am just not a fan. I bet they would be even better with some real cheese lol. Easy to assemble, and looked great coming out of the oven. I did end up cooking the bacon first because I wanted it crisp, and then added it back after the cheese had melted.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagelarge refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, bacon and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle; spoon 1/3 cup beef mixture onto each biscuit. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard; serve with roll-ups.