Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty little pocket sandwiches, perfect for picnics or lunch boxes. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagelarge refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, bacon and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle; spoon 1/3 cup beef mixture onto each biscuit. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard; serve with roll-ups.
These were very good, and also very fun. Dh loved them. My only complaint would be the velveeta.... I am just not a fan. I bet they would be even better with some real cheese lol. Easy to assemble, and looked great coming out of the oven. I did end up cooking the bacon first because I wanted it crisp, and then added it back after the cheese had melted.