Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was found on the inside of a Velveeta cheese box. I love this kind of recipes that I can make up for a Saturday afternoon snack.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 13 7⁄8 ounces pizza dough, refrigerated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook beef, bacon and onion in a large skillet on medium heat until beef is evenly browned. Drain.
- Add Velveeta and cook until completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- Press pizza dough into a 15x8 inch rectangle on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread evenly with the meat mixture.
- Roll up dough, starting at one of the long sides.
- Rearrange if necessary so roll is seam-side down.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut diagonally into six slices to serve.
Enjoyed these, especially the kids, made as posted, just thought something else could of been put in these. Made for PRMR tag.
Another family fav here! Have made this numerous times and the family loves it! I sometimes use the crescent roll sheet instead of pizza crust. Not quite as heavy as pizza crust and a little harder to roll up cuz of the softness of it, but just as yummy!!!
I can't tell ya how many times I have made this. However, after the meat mixture is thoroughly mixed on the stove top, you need to let it rest for 10 minutes so it is less runny and easier to work with when you roll it up. I often add mushrooms to this and use a pound of ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef or hamburger. This is very good and pretty simple and everyone enjoys it.