Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe out of a Kraft Magazine. It is one of my DH favorite recipe
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb sirloin
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheese, your favorite
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook ground beef, bacon, onions, and red pepper flakes in large skillet over medium high heat until beef is browned.
- Drain and return meat mixture to pan. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press into 15 x 8 rectangle.
- Top evenly with meat mixture.
- Roll up dough, starting at one of the long side.
- Rearrange, if necessary, so roll is seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut diagonally into 6 slices.
I made this for dinner last night, with a few changes, & it was a hit. When browning the hamburger & onions, I added some minced garlic, worcheshire sauce. I didn't add the bacon or the red pepper flakes. DH isn't fond of bacon & didn't have any red pepper flakes. DH got home late, so he heated his up & as he was eating it, he hollered from the kitchen,"This is really good, make this again"! Usually he doesn't get that excited about food. Thanks for good post!
This is a nice easy recipe with some possibilities. I think some garlic would help enhance the flavour. A couple tips - if you are using a dark baking sheet, check your roll at 15 minutes as the pizza crust darkens up fast on that sort of pan. And also, cool down the meat mixture before putting it on the dough or it melts through & thins the crust when you roll it.