Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy one dish meal! Great for using up leftover rice.
Make and share this Bacon Cheeseburger Rice (Oamc) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown and drain beef.
- While beef is cooking, mix together soup, onion soup mix, bacon pieces and cheese. Add to browned ground beef.
- Simmer on low until cheese is just melted.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and ladle into 1-gallon freezer bag.
- Label and freeze.
- To serve: allow to thaw overnight in refrigerator and reheat on stovetop or in microwave; You could also freeze this in a reusable casserole dish for easier thawing/cooking.
My husband and I really liked the flavor but it was a bit dry. My kids were not too crazy about it (I was really suprised about this!) It was not very appealing to look at and that might have had a lot to do with it.
I was looking for recipes to stock my freezer with and came across this one, which was made on 6/22/10. Since all I had on hand was tomato sauce, that was used instead of the soup. And because my SO is a salt freak, the full amount of soup mix was used. And I'm a bacon freak, so the full amount was used. Since I was just making half the recipe, ( which was a HUGE mistake :) ) one cup of cheese was used. Before finishing up the dish, a bite or two was tasted and I decided it need a bit of something so a shake or two of crushed red pepper flakes were added.For the photo a garnish was added, I sprinkled a bit of cheese and parsley flakes on top. Without the addition of the red pepper flakes, I think this a very good " Kid Friendly " recipe. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Just realized I didn't review this! My family loved this! I agree with the other reviewers on only using 4 cups of rice may be better, but we used 5 and it was still good. We added more cheese than called for, but we do in most recipes lol I made 2 batches of this one for immed and one for the freezer. Both turned out perfect! *UPDATE* I switched out the tomato soup for cheddar cheese soup and it's even better! YUM