Recipe by * Pamela *
An easy one dish meal! Great for using up leftover rice.
Top Review by enigma535
My husband and I really liked the flavor but it was a bit dry. My kids were not too crazy about it (I was really suprised about this!) It was not very appealing to look at and that might have had a lot to do with it.
- 4 -5 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain beef.
- While beef is cooking, mix together soup, onion soup mix, bacon pieces and cheese. Add to browned ground beef.
- Simmer on low until cheese is just melted.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and ladle into 1-gallon freezer bag.
- Label and freeze.
- To serve: allow to thaw overnight in refrigerator and reheat on stovetop or in microwave; You could also freeze this in a reusable casserole dish for easier thawing/cooking.