I found this recipe on the Recipe Exchange Forum on an IBS website (helpforibs.com). This was posted by a lady named Casey (Atomic Rose) and when I did a search for it on Zaar, I noticed there wasn't a posting for this particular version of the recipe. It's made with Eggbeaters, ground turkey, soy cheese, and turkey or soy bacon so it should be safe for people who suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I've made this twice now, and I think it's quite good so I wanted to share with the Zaar community. My bf, who doesn't suffer from IBS like I do, also likes it a lot, so that's always a plus! :) I copied the recipe from the original recipe poster from the above-mentioned site. Prep time includes time to brown meat, chop and mince other ingredients, and cook bacon. Does not include 15 minutes cool time. Minimum time in the oven is 40 mins. Feel free to sub ground beef, regular bacon, whole eggs, and regular cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (it lends the turkey a more "beefy" flavor)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shredded soy cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (to equal 3 eggs)
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup soymilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Brown the turkey, onion, and garlic in a skillet with the Worcestershire sauce, making sure it's crumbled up well. Drain off any excess grease. Stir in the bacon pieces, tomato, and shredded cheese.
- 2Place in a square or round baking dish or a deep pie plate, and press down slightly so it's all pretty much even.
- 3Whisk together the "eggs", mayo, and soy milk until smooth. Season with pepper. Pour over the meat mixture. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until top is browned and any visible egg is "set". Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- 4As always, take your individual tolerances into account - if you know you can't do the additives in the bacon, don't try it!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche (Ibs)
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 556.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soy cheddar cheese
Egg Beaters egg substitute