Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 lb sausage or 1 lb hamburger
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste (white pepper is best.)
- 1 -2 lb bacon
- 1 -2 onion
- 1 -2 cup cheese, sharp chedder and a white cheese (gouda is flavorfull too)
- 12 -18 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown hamburger/sausage and season.
- Lightly press cooked meat into the bottom of an 8x13 baking dish.
- Fry up bacon and crumble on top of hamburger/sausage.
- Saute onions in the bacon drippings.
- Blot excess oil off onions and layer them on top of the bacon.
- In a separate bowl mix together remaining ingredients and pour onto the meat.
- (you can add the cheese to the egg mixture or layer it on the meat and pour the egg mixture over the top.) Bake@ 350 degrees about 55-60 minutes or until your knife pulls out clean from the center.
- Let cool 5 minutes then serve.