Recipe by Ranikabani
This is a great dish if you're cutting down on carbs. It is quick and easy but doesn't freeze well. So, eat up while it's still hot! :)
Top Review by chahl
This recipe was a BIG hit in our home. I had no Hamburger(some one came home for lunch) so I used a Veggie subsitute (Morning Star Farms hamburger subsitute). I also used turkey bacon. It was excellent and the left overs were eaten for breakfast. This recipe was one of the best one I have tried thus far!! Thanks!!
- 1 lb very lean hamburger
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped in bits
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces swiss cheese
- garlic powder (optional)
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger in skillet with onion.
- Remove and mix in bowl with bacon pieces, breaking up any larger clumps with a fork or pastry mixer until you have a fine mix.
- Drain well of any excess grease and press into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well.
- Pour mixture over beef"crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and"set".
- Cool 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- This can be packaged in Ziplocs or plastic containers for meals quickly microwaved over the next 3-5 days.
- (Does not freeze well, though.)