This is a great dish if you're cutting down on carbs. It is quick and easy but doesn't freeze well. So, eat up while it's still hot! :)
- Brown hamburger in skillet with onion.
- Remove and mix in bowl with bacon pieces, breaking up any larger clumps with a fork or pastry mixer until you have a fine mix.
- Drain well of any excess grease and press into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well.
- Pour mixture over beef"crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and"set".
- Cool 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- This can be packaged in Ziplocs or plastic containers for meals quickly microwaved over the next 3-5 days.
- (Does not freeze well, though.)
This recipe was a BIG hit in our home. I had no Hamburger(some one came home for lunch) so I used a Veggie subsitute (Morning Star Farms hamburger subsitute). I also used turkey bacon. It was excellent and the left overs were eaten for breakfast. This recipe was one of the best one I have tried thus far!! Thanks!!
This recipe was right on target for my family. I didn't change a thing. It was simple to prepare and looked nice coming out of the oven. The best suprise was that none of the flavors was over powered by the others.
We all loved this. I made as directed other then I used onion powder instead of chopped onion. I just sprinkled it on and didn't measure it. I also added a cup and a half of cheddar cheese. I did add black pepper to the egg/cream/cheese mixture and again I didn't measure it. I didn't add the optional garlic powder. I was a bit surprised how good this was. I had frozen precooked hamburger so this made it very easy to put together. I will be making again.