1/8 Photos of Bacon Cheeseburger Potato Pie
Amanda Beth's Note:
My husband and father-in-law love this! It's a bit time-consuming, but worth the spectacular results. Truly a handsome dish! From one of those Pillsbury mini-magazine things you buy at the supermarket. Please note that you can use leftover mashed potatoes as well, or make homemade if you really hate instant!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4-1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (I use garlic powder though, and extra of it)
- 3/4 cup milk (skim is fine)
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (or you can use white onion)
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, ketchup, mustard and salt and mix well.
- 3Press hamburger mixture in bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie pan to cover completely.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- 5While meat mixture is baking, cook bacon until crisp.
- 6Drain on paper towel, cool, and crumble.
- 7Discard bacon drippings or save for another recipe.
- 8In a medium sauce pan, combine water, margarine and garlic salt.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Remove from heat and add milk.
- 11With a fork, stir in potato flakes.
- 12Then stir in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- 13Remove partially baked"crust" from oven, pour off any fat.
- 14Spoon potato mixture into crust evenly.
- 15Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked, and potatoes are heated through.
- 16Remove pie from oven.
- 17Top with tomato, remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- 18Return to oven, and bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.
- 19Remove from oven, top with green onions.
- 20Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheeseburger Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 720.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g