Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my kid's favorites.
Make and share this Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked pizza dough (I use Boboli)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 20 dill pickle slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- In a skillet, cook beef,onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until meat is browned; drain and set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce.
- Top with beef mixture, bacon, pickles, and cheeses.
- Sprinkle with pizza seasoning.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
In order to offset the need for more seasoning that the comments for this recipe suggested, I simply made up my ground beef as though i was going to make hamburgers. I added all my usual spices, including worchestershire sauce and it was a hit with my family.
I don't like pizza burgers. So, I made this as a reviewer had suggested w/ ketchup, mustard and mayo on the crust and with cheddar cheese only. I couldn't fit 4 cups of cheese on the pizza. My son loved it and so did I. I didn't think the bacon added all that much but my son said that it made it.
Thank you. No, really, thank you. I was bankrupt on ideas and was able to get this on the table within 40 minutes. That is counting driving time between baseball practice and pulling it out of the oven. I know there are a lot of cheeseburger pizza recipes out there but I don't need to go any further.
I made this but instead of pizza sauce, I spread mayo over the crust, then covered that with ketchup and mustard and it tasted just like a Whopper from Burger King!!!