Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
The secret to this delicious pizza is to pre-bake your crust firstly and brown your beef well, then top as stated in directions and bake just to heat through and until the cheese has melted. This is a hearty pizza that can be made using store-bought refrigerated pizza dough or homemade, just make certain to pre-bake the crust before topping. This can also be made using a store-bought Boboli pizza crust. The success of this recipe will also depend on your pizza sauce, I use my Kittencal's Pizza Sauce it is a hearty full-flavored pizza sauce that works well for this recipe and of coarse any pizza! You can add in some green bell peppers and jalapeno peppers to the ground beef mixture also if desired. The ingredient amounts are enough for one 12-inch pizza, you can double the complete recipe to make two if desired.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (can use more)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- pizza sauce (use from 1/2 cup to 1 cup or as much as desired)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or to taste)
- Pre-bake the pizza crust in a 400 degrees oven until golden brown and baked.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet (if you already baked your crust on a pizza pan then leave on the pan).
- In a skillet cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until browned (the beef must be well browned, this might take about 10-12 minutes) drain fat then season with seasoned salt, black pepper and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Add in the pizza sauce; reduce heat to low and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Top the cusrt with the cooked ground beef mixture, then sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then mozzeralla cheese.
- Top with cooked crumbled bacon.
- Bake 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
I make pizza in my house atleast onece a week so I thought id give this a try! Soooooo glad I did!! omg it really does taste like a bacon cheeseburger!! im only giving 4 stars because I don't use red sauce I mixed ketchup and mustard together spread it over my crust and then added my toppings. wonderful!! then we topped it with lettuce and tomatos!!
My 17 yro loves to make homemade pizza. He works at Publix as a bag boy after school and they make homemade pizza dough which they sell in their bakery. Since we love the Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza from a local pizzeria here in our house, we decided to make our own. I ran across this recipe looking for ideas and am very glad I did. I browned the ground beef in same pan as the bacon was cooked in, for a little extra flavor ;) I added Worcestershire, onion powder and garlic powder to the meat also as I would to my hamburgers. I sprinkled sesame seeds on the edge of the crust to make it like a sesame seed hamburger bun just before baking. I think this put it over the top!) Baked on a pizza stone, let cook for a few minutes, topped it with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped pickles. It was awesome!! . Thanks as always for another great recipe!
PS- I used Kittencals Pizza Sauce recipe #65641 (which I make and store in my freezer for easy use)