This is my version of the Bisquick classic 'Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie'. My hubby loves his bacon and garlic so I've add those ingredients to to the mix. I've found it gives this sometimes bland recipe a new kick. I've even thought of adding 1/4 cup of Bulls Eye barbecue sauce. If anyone tries it, let me know how that turns out. Hope you gals enjoy this quick and easy crowd pleaser!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1⁄3 cup hormel real bacon bits (or 2 slices chopped and fried along with beef)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic (garlic powder could work too)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, bacon bits and onion over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown, add garlic stir for 2-3 more minutes; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
For an easy weeknight meal, this was great! The only thing i added was sauteed mushrooms with the ground beef mixture. My son and I really enjoyed this dish :)
easy, fast, and yummy. the whole family gobbled this up