Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Quick Cooking.
- 8 ounces uncooked tube pasta or 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, cooked diced bacon until crisp, drain and discard drippings.
- To skillet, add pasta, ground beef, bacon, and soup.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted.
A good comfort food dish. Made as written with a few adjustments, I also sauteed some onion and garlic, then added to the ground beef when done and drained, seasoned with salt and pepper, stirred in 6 ounces of a water/tomato paste mixture and 1/4 cup red wine along with the tomato soup covered and simmered while the pasta was cooking. Mixed all together once the pasta was done and added some pasta water to make a little more sauce, topped with cheese and enjoyed a delicious meal. Thanks! Made for I Recommend FEBRUARY - JUNE SPRING 2012.
Made as directed this is pretty bland and very short on sauce. I would use 2 cans of soup and add onion, garlic or something to wake it up. It is very kid friendly though and easy to make.