Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Comfort food at its best!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- prepared mustard (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard drippings. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in the soup, beef and bacon; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with barbecue sauce and mustard if desired.
Yum, yum, yum! Quick and easy, this was just what I was looking for. I added about 1/4 cup of half & half as I mixed everything together, to add some creaminess to it. A keeper!
Very easy and tasty. My husband made it for supper tonight, using 2 cups raw macaroni because he couldn't find the penne. He enjoyed topping his serving with barbeque sauce, and I added mustard to mine. I like that the optional ingredients make it easy to personalize. We doubled the recipe and had plenty for the three of us, with leftovers. But next time, we will keep the hamburg at one pound, instead of doubling it.
Excellent Pasta dish. My kids loved it. We served it with some chopped onions and pickles to put on top. I added a drained can of diced tomatoes and we really liked the flavors mixed together. I think I would leave out the tomato soup next time as a personal preference. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)