Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this on the Tasty Kitchen website while I was trying to find something to make for dinner. I changed a TON of things from the original because the first time I made it, I baked the muffing until they were burnt on top, but they never cooked on the inside. I added more breadcrumbs and subtracted some of the moist ingredients to get this recipe turned into something not quite so disappointed (but at least the cooked tops tasted good!).
Top Review by Chrystal A.
I made these in honor of National Cheeseburger Day, September 18. I made them ahead of time - super fast and easy - and put them in the oven on a timer-bake setting. The house smelled fantastically like a burger joint when we all returned from a tennis match!<br/>PS - that's my photo!
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 whole eggs, beaten or 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 3⁄4-1 cup breadcrumbs or 3⁄4-1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 c low-fat mayo)
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ketchup, Divided
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard, Divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine meat with eggs, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup mustard, bacon bits. Mix well. (I use my hands to mix the ingredients.) *ADD MORE BREAD CRUMBS IF IT SEEMS RUNNY*.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spoon and spread over the top of the meatloaf muffins.
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Five minutes before they are done, add French fried onions, watching to make sure the onions don’t burn.