I found this on the Tasty Kitchen website while I was trying to find something to make for dinner. I changed a TON of things from the original because the first time I made it, I baked the muffing until they were burnt on top, but they never cooked on the inside. I added more breadcrumbs and subtracted some of the moist ingredients to get this recipe turned into something not quite so disappointed (but at least the cooked tops tasted good!).
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 whole eggs, beaten or 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 3⁄4-1 cup breadcrumbs or 3⁄4-1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 c low-fat mayo)
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ketchup, Divided
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard, Divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine meat with eggs, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup mustard, bacon bits. Mix well. (I use my hands to mix the ingredients.) *ADD MORE BREAD CRUMBS IF IT SEEMS RUNNY*.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spoon and spread over the top of the meatloaf muffins.
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Five minutes before they are done, add French fried onions, watching to make sure the onions don’t burn.
I made these in honor of National Cheeseburger Day, September 18. I made them ahead of time - super fast and easy - and put them in the oven on a timer-bake setting. The house smelled fantastically like a burger joint when we all returned from a tennis match!<br/>PS - that's my photo!
My two year old loved it. Will be a recipe to make again,