Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Paula's Home Cooking Country Comfort Food Network's top 100 of 2007
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
- Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.