Recipe by Mama_Jennie
I have found a great recipe! I can't believe that each bite tastes just like a bacon cheeseburger. Always a hit with the family. I also add in some ketchup to the sauce as we're ketchup fanatics!
Top Review by MSippigirl
This was definite 5-stars-with my modifications! After reading comments about it being a bit bland, I decided to add more seasonings. This is what I used -- 1 t. creole seasoning, 1/4 t. garlic salt, 1/4 t. black pepper, and a pinch of dried Italian Seasoning. My thick-sliced bacon was really salty so I did not add any extra salt. I used an 8-oz can of tomato sauce instead of the ketchup. I stirred in 1 c. shredded cheddar in the mixture, and topped it off with another cup. Also, I did not add my cooked bacon until the end, right before topping with the remaining cheese as I thought it might get soggy..eew! This skillet meal is complete with a simple salad or veggie and some crusty bread or cornbread.
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- ketchup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cook bacon & drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Cook onion in the same pan you cooked the bacon in and cook ground beef until no longer pink.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Also add bacon, tomato soup, cheese, and ketchup (to suite your tastes).
- Mix thoroughly until cheese is melted. Add salt & pepper to suite your tastes.
- Serve with salad. Enjoy!