I came up with this combination after making Bacon Cheeseburger Tacos and having a lot of meat left (I didn't put all of it in the shells because only two of us were home at the time). I was afraid that I'd end up throwing out the meat so I decided to make Bacon Cheeseburger Macaroni. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked (can use rice or corn pasta)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 green onions, sliced, white and part of the green
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, cook the diced bacon until crisp, pour off all but aboaut a half tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Add ground beef and green onions and cook together until beef is thoroughly cooked through.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, and liquid smoke and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, mustard, and tomatoes and stir until well combined.
- Stir in cooked macaroni and shredded cheese.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.