Recipe by Foxxyladyone
We all loved this. It didn't remind us of a cheeseburger, though, and most of the dinner conversation revolved around the name and how it would be misleading to throw in the word "burger."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 chicken breast halves
- 12 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Tamari's wheat-free that I found at Whole Foods)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the bottom of your crock and spread it around. If you are using thighs or fattier cuts of meat, this step is probably optional.
- Put the chicken in the crock on top of the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce and the ranch dressing. I kept tasting this---the flavor is so bizarre and tasty; I've never had anything like it.
- Pour sauce over the top of the chicken. Add the shredded cheese and the crumbled bacon to the crock, getting between the chicken pieces, if you can.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The cooking time will depend on how thick your chicken pieces are, and if they are fresh or frozen.
- Since I used the tiny breast tenders (frozen) our dinner cooked in only 3 hours on high.