- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs ground sirloin, lean
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces Italian cheese blend (or cheddar or your favorite)
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to at 350º .
- Place the bacon in a frying pan and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add ground beef to pan and cook until both are browned.
- Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the egg and1/2 of the cheese.
- Press the meat mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve topped with garnishes of your choice.