This was a last minute creation I made when trying to use up some hamburger that was about to overstay its welcome in my fridge. This is a great comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of condensed broccoli cheese soup (I used low sodium or fat)
- 10 3/4 ounces milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar french-fried onions
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. (When cool crumble and set aside.).
- 3While bacon is cooking chop and peel (if desired) potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender, but not overdone.
- 4Drain grease from bacon skillet and add onion, green pepper, garlic,ground mustard, and Worcestershire, ground beef and salt/pepper to taste.
- 5Cook until beef is no longer pink.
- 6In a medium bowl combine soup, milk, cheese, and sour cream.
- 7In a large bowl combine drained potatoes, crumbled bacon, drained hamburger, and soup mixture. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Grease a 9 by 13 glass pan with non stick spray. Add potato and hamburger mixture. Top with french fried onions.
- 9Bake 30 minutes at 350.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.7
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 601.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheddar french-fried onions