Recipe by sbera007
This was a last minute creation I made when trying to use up some hamburger that was about to overstay its welcome in my fridge. This is a great comfort food!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I've made this a few times & enjoyed it each time. Made a few adjustments for our tastes; increased the beef, garlic & worcestershire. Once I even threw in some fresh spinach into the meat mixture and used a sliced up a baked potatoe I had on hand. I especially enjoyed the french-fried onions that go on top, they add a great flavour, thanks for sharing.
- 6 slices center-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canof condensed broccoli cheese soup (I used low sodium or fat)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar french-fried onions
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. (When cool crumble and set aside.).
- While bacon is cooking chop and peel (if desired) potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender, but not overdone.
- Drain grease from bacon skillet and add onion, green pepper, garlic,ground mustard, and Worcestershire, ground beef and salt/pepper to taste.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink.
- In a medium bowl combine soup, milk, cheese, and sour cream.
- In a large bowl combine drained potatoes, crumbled bacon, drained hamburger, and soup mixture. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Grease a 9 by 13 glass pan with non stick spray. Add potato and hamburger mixture. Top with french fried onions.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.