Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from a magazine but I cannot remember which one. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds very good.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Coat grill rack w/ oil or cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place onion in food processor and pulse until finely chopped (you may need to scrape down the sides several times).
- Add the bacon and roasted red pepper, then pulse again until just chopped.
- Transfer mix to large bowl. Add ground beef, salt, pepper and cheese to bowl.
- Use your hands to gently combine until just mixed.
- Divide the meat into four equal patties. Grill the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side. ** Do NOT press the burgers during cooking**.