Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Got out of a Taste of Home magazine.....Haven't tried but sounds/looks like my favorite dish at outback so I wanted to put up for safe keeping so I can try....soon :)
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons safflower oil (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 slices bacon (partially cooked)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2tsp oil, & lemon juice.
- Pour 1/2C into large resealable bag; add chicken . Seal the bag & turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Brown chicken over medium heat with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika. Transfer to a greased 11"x7"x2" baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses & mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20-25mins or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Sprinkle with parsley.