Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is really good! Pretty easy to make plus it has great flavor! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8 slices bacon, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2 t. oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon stirps in a crisscross pattern over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160. Sprinkle with parsley.
This is awesome. It tastes just like the chicken you get at outback steakhouse. My husband is not a big chicken eater, but loves this recipe and asks for it all the time.LOVE IT!!