Recipe by Margie99
I got this from TOH and it sounds great. I am putting it here for safekeeping. It uses asiago, parm, ricotta, romano, mozzarella and cream cheese and bacon.
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups asiago cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded romano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta. Meanwhile in a large skillet saute mushrooms and onions in 1 T butter until tender.
- In a large bowl beat ricotta and 1/2 cream cheese until blended. Stir 1/2 c Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, bacon, 1 T parsley, garlic salt, nutmeg, pepper and mushroom mixture. Spoon into shells, place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large saucepan melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth, gradually adding the cream, broth and milk. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in Romano cheese and the remaining cream cheese, Asiago and parsley. Pour over shells. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.