Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Phase 1 Low-Carb Recipes. Better Homes and Gardens. Page 369 3 Carbs
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 12 large fresh mushrooms, 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- For filling, in a small bowl stir together cream cheese, parmesan cheese, basil and pepper.
- Stir in bacon, set aside.
- Rinse and drain mushrooms.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove and discard stems.
- Place mushroom caps, stem sides down, in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain mushrooms, stem sides down, on paper towels.
- Return mushrooms, stem sides up, to baking pan.
- Divide filling among caps.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes more or until heated through.