Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
These are quick cooking and voila you have a lovely appetizer or a great snack. I did not include time for cooking the bacon.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (no subs please)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 -6 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed and toasted
- paprika (optional)
- chopped parsley, sprinkling (optional)
- In a bowl combine mayo, egg, worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper sauce, pepper and cheese; mix well.
- Stir in bacon.
- Spread over toast.
- Sprinkle with paprika and/or parsley, if desired.
- Cut each slice of toast in three strips.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Even with the ground mustard and hot pepper sauce, we found these somewhat lacking in flavor. I served these as an appetizer, using whole wheat bread.