Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Family friend,Great snack,bread and cheese.
- 1 (10 ounce) package crackers, barrels cheddar in the black wrapper
- 1 medium onion
- 8 slices raw bacon
- dark pumpernickel bread or the small pumpernickel rounds
- Put cheese,onion and bacon thru a meat grinder.
- Combine well and spread on pumpernickel.
- Broil'til bubbly and slightly browned.
- If using large bread cut with pizza cutter into small canape size pieces, and watch them go!
Great appetizer. You can mix the cheese, onion and bacon ahead of time and refridgerate. At the last minute spread and bake. I used my food processor since I don't have a meat grinder and it worked very well.