1/2 Photos of Bacon, Cheese & Scallion Scones
I haven't prepared these scones yet -- just came across the recipe on the Internet and wanted to get it posted since I didn't see the recipe on the site. I'm not familiar with the King Arthur All-Purpose flour -- so will probably just use regular unbleached all-purpose flour when I make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour or 2 cups mellow pastry blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick, 2 oz.)
- 1 cup very coarsley grated or diced cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh chives (the green part) or 1/3 cup finely diced scallion top (the green part)
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, or enough to make the dough cohesive
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment.
- 2Wisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- 3Work the butter into the flour until the mixture is unevenly crumbly.
- 4Mix in the cheese, chives (or scallions) and bacon until evenly distributed.
- 5Add 3/4 cup of the cream, stirring to combine. Try squeezing the dough together; if it's crumbly and won't hang together, or if there are crumbs remaining in the bottom of the bowl, add cream until the dough comes together. Transfer the shaggy dough to a well-floured work surface.
- 6Pat the dough into a smooth 7" disk about 3/4 inch thick. Transfer the dish to the prepared baking sheet.
- 7Use a knife or bench knife to cut the disk into 8 wedges, spreading the wedges apart a bit on the pan.
- 8Brush the scones with a bit of cream; this will help their crust brown.
- 9Bake the scones for 22-24 minutes, until they are golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool right onthe pan. Serve sarm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Cheese & Scallion Scones
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.8
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 812.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g