Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe caught my eye in a new book I have. It sounds like it would be great with ham or pork. I'm not sure I will be using the ripe olives -- I love them, but too many people in my family don't.
- 8 -10 medium potatoes (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Peel the potatoes; place in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cook until tender but firm; drain and cube.
- In a bowl, mix potatoes with onion, cheese and mayonnaise.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon and olives (if using).
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika if desired.